Re: printing eps-graphics on postscript printer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9455] Re: printing eps-graphics on postscript printer
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 02:40:03 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David M.F. Chapman wrote:

> In Article <631g87$njc at smc.vnet.net>, Rainer Bielefeld
> <Rainer.Bielefeld at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
>
> >we have some problems with printings eps-graphics including some special
> >characters on our PostSript-Printer.
>
> I had similar problems on my Mac, but they were fixed by the "bug-fix"
> upgrade to 3.0.1.  All registered owners of 3.0 should get this.

The bug fix that David describes addresses problems that occur when
printing notebooks, but it will not resolve the font substitutions that
you see when you try to print out a Mathematica-generated EPS file by
itself.

The original problem statement:

|> If I save this graphic as an EPS-file and print it out, the brackets
() |> are substitute by an H and L. These happens also by other
characters |> like f.e. "Infinity".

is a symptom that the PostScript interpreter on the HP printer is unable
to find any of the Mathematica-specific fonts, which are used to draw
brackets, braces, parentheses, and a host of other special characters.

Some guidance on how to download the Mathematica fonts manually to
PostScript printers under Windows can be found at URL:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Windows/ManualFontDownload.html

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram