Re: linking C-program with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9457] Re: linking C-program with Mathematica
  • From: Dominique Schreurs <dominique.schreurs at esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 02:40:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I tried out the steps you proposed, but I already got stuck at the first
item:

>1) Make sure you know how your compiler works and verify that it is
>  capable of linking against the MathLink libraries supplied by
>the MathLink Developer's Kit on the professional CD-ROM.

When I execute the Makefile, a lot of errors are returned. The first
ones are:

(Bundled) cc: "/imec/asp/schreurs/CompilerAdditions/mathlink.h", line
448: warning 5: "const" will become a keyword. (Bundled) cc:
"/imec/asp/schreurs/CompilerAdditions/mathlink.h", line 448: error
1000: Unexpected symbol: "unsigned". (Bundled) cc:
"/imec/asp/schreurs/CompilerAdditions/mathlink.h", line 449: warning 5:
"const" will become a keyword. (Bundled) cc:
"/imec/asp/schreurs/CompilerAdditions/mathlink.h", line 449: error
1000: Unexpected symbol: "unsigned".

So I assume that I'm using the wrong C-compiler ? Any suggestions are
welcome !

Thank you in advance,

Dominique

PS. Please send also a copy of your reply to my e-mail address:
schreurs at imec.be