headers and footers again

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9357] headers and footers again
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:33:43 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The manual section on headers and footers says that you can see what a
header expression would look like by using the Show Expression command.
Has anyone actually done this?  If I copy the standard header
expression

Cell[ TextData[ {ValueBox[ "FileName"]}], "Header"]

into a cell in a notebook, a dialog box comes up that asks whether or
not I want to interpret the text as a cell expression.  If I say yes,
then the expression is invisible and Show Expression just shows me the
header expression.  If I say no, then the text is wrapped in another
cell expression and Show Expression only shows that.  Changing the
"Header" to "Text" or something else has no effect.  Since there is no
"Print Preview", how can someone compose a header or footer without
wasting a bunch of paper?