Display is wrong

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9579] Display is wrong
  • From: peny at phys.chem.ehtz.ch (Peter Nyffeler)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:39 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have tried now for hours to generate postscript  or pdf files and be
very frustrated.

I use Mathematica 3.0.1.1x on Windows NT4.0

What I have tried:
1. Generating a Postscript file with Display["file.ps",out[#]]. -
Result: the postscript file  is not an Adobe postscript file and can't
be  printed.

2. I did the same on a SUN and used psfix to make a Adobe postscript
file. - Result: (m/s) became Hm hL and (ASK-23) with Helvetica font
became HASK-23L  where H and L are in default font.
-Why the hell is the psfix file provided with the Windows version not an
exe  file?

3. I went back to my NT machine and made a PDF file with
Display["file.pdf",out[#],"PDF"].
- Result: Opening the file in Acrobat Reader 3.0 gives the warning "The
font  'Math2Mono' contains a bad/BBox".
-The rest is fine. OK I will live with it.

4. Now I would like to get the plot in landscape format.  The command is
Display["file.pdf",out[#],"PDF",ImageRotated->True]. -Don't look at the
result. You won't be able to read anything.

I'm sure to be not the first one with such troubles. How did you
overcome  them?

PETER NYFFELER, 		ETH-Zuerich, Physical-Chemistry
peny at phys.chem.ethz.ch,		http://www.chem.ethz.ch/~peny
of Soaring Club Zuerich
<http://www.chem.ethz.ch/~peny/SGZ/SGZ.html> and Control-Line Modell
enthusiast <http://www.chem.ethz.ch/~peny/CL>