Re: Control System Professional Add-On for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9653] Re: Control System Professional Add-On for Mathematica
  • From: "Gustavo A. Delfino" <gdelfino at umich.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:50:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>Does the Control System Professional Add-On Application Program for
>Mathematica  have the capability to Analyze and Design Control Systems
>with a Time Delay?   This is my main question, however I would also
>appreciate reading comments  others have about this Mathematica Add-On.

For continuous time systems, you can add a "Delay" option in order to
obtain a discrete system with the delay. The the "Delay" option is
useless for any porpoise other than finding an equivalent discrete time
system.

For discrete systems, the delay is much easier to handle that for
continuous time systems.

What I don't like of Control System Professional is that is doesn't
support the excellent Mathematica 3.0 help browser and that you can't
mix analog & discrete systems together. Other than that, it is very
good.

hope this helps

bye

MMM     MMM | Gustavo Delfino           | Universidad Metropolitana  |
 MMM   MMM  | University of Michigan    | Ingenieria Mecanica        |
 MM M M MM  | Mechanical Engineering    | Caracas, Venezuela         |
 MM  M  MM  | mailto:gdelfino at umich.edu |============================|
MMMM   MMMM | AHOY address: 141.211.88.d  AHOY ID: Gustavo
Created using Cyberdog ---A Product of Apple Computer, Inc.