RE: Headers and footers again

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9662] RE: [mg9630] Headers and footers again
  • From: jmthomas <jmthomas at cybercable.tm.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This will not answer your question, but after I tried unsuccessfully to
achieve the same goal, and saw all the messages in the newsgroup
refering  to unsuccessful tries, I have adopted the following method: I
have created a "myDefaultNotebook.nb", with all footers, headers,
styles,  etc. set.
I have added this notebook to the "file->notebooks" list using the
"modify  this menu" command. This notebook is on top of the list. If I
need just a scrap notebook, I use "file->new", which gives me the
defaut.nb notebook.
But if I need to have my customized notebook, I use
"file->notebooks->myDefaultNotebook", and I save it under another name.
I understand this does not answer your question, but, even if the
procedure  is not very cute, it works, and works fast. Another point is
that you can  create more than just one default template, for instance
"myNotebookForStudents, myNotebookForClients, myNotebookForPackage, the
last one being a copy of Doctor Maeder template. Hope this helps.

Conseil et Audit en Ingenierie de Calcul jmthomas at cybercable.tm.fr
+33 (0)3 88 32 93 64
www.cybercable.tm.fr/~jmthomas