2nd Try!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9759] 2nd Try!
  • From: hashemi at sun.iust.ac.ir
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:07:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mr. "Seanross":

	Thank you very much for your respond.  However there are some more
questions in which I greatly appreciate your futher advice.

1) Unfortunatly my matrices are too large (at least 500*500 all complex
   elements!) Furthermore their elements are all products of Bessel
Functions
   of complex argument; Hence I am not sure if rewriting all my (2000
lines)
   Fortran program in mathematica will even run on even a 586 pentium?!
   In addition in my Fortran program I invert these large complex
matrices
   using full pivoting technique with quadraple precision! So I am not
so
   sure that mathematica can do such large matrix inversion!?
   Please correct me on above, if I am wrong.

2) Do you know about the program INTERCALL which is suppose to interface
   mathematica with Fortran programs?  If so can you please send me
information
   on how to get access to this software?

Again I sincerely thank you time and efforts and will be very happy to
hear  from you soon.  Please remmember "like everthingelse here, our
email system sometimes does not work properly" Hence I appreciate your
patience.

					Thank you
					Dr. S. M. Hasheminejad
					Mechanical Engineering Dept.