PYML (Python <-> Mathematica) now part of Mathsource

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11968] PYML (Python <-> Mathematica) now part of Mathsource
  • From: dek@socrates.ucsf.edu (David Konerding)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 02:21:17 -0400

Dear Python/Mathematica users:

	I am pleased to announce that PYML, the Python-Mathematica interface,
has been deposited in MathSource.  It can be retrieved; please see:

http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/MathSource/Enhancements/Interfacing/Other/0209-292

I would really like comments from people who use PYML, I haven't really
heard from more than 1 or 2 users so far.

For those who are curious, here is a short description of the tool:

 PYML is a python interface to Mathematica which uses MathLink. It
   allows the Python programmer to evaluate Mathematica expressions.
   Expressions are passed to PYML as a Python object, which is processed
   into MathLink calls. PYML calls MathLink to evaluate the expression
   and prints the result. Currently, PYML supports Mathematica 2.2 and
   3.0. Some plotting support is provided.

Email: dek@cgl.ucsf.edu    David Konerding     WWW:
http://picasso.ucsf.edu/~dek
Snail: Graduate Group in Biophysics