choose with replacement

Hi,

I'm new to Mathematica programming, and I'm a bit stumped to find the
code for the following maybe someone has a suggestion.

Simply put, I want to make a new list from an existing finite list by
randomly choosing an element from list_1 to be included in list_2.
List_1 would loose that element, and the random number generator would
be reduced to correspond to the new length of the old list_1.  This
process would continue untill list_1 has no elements, and list_2 has
all the elements of list_1 reordered.

I have a feeling that this is not hard to do, but I can't seem to get it
right.  Any suggestions?

Dan