Performance under Win95
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [mg11093] Performance under Win95
- From: Sebastian <sebaste@_hotmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:55:18 -0500
- Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hello, I have recently installed Mathematica 3.0 on a new Pentium II system with Windows95. While the performance was surprisingly good compared to even an Ultra-Sparc system, I was quite disappointed to find that an identical Pentium II system with Linux or Windows NT4 performed TWICE as fast. I am used to the fact that Windows95 is about 20% slower than NT, but a factor of two is unacceptable. Maybe Win95 is bad, but I assume that Wolfram research simply didn't care to make their product run properly under Windows95.....?? Question: Is there any way to speed up MATHEMATICA 3.0 under Win95?? (I know there was a similar problem with Mathematica 2.2, which ran a lot faster under Win 3.1 than under Windows95) Best regards, Sebastian ----- P.S.: do not hit reply, but mail to sebaste at hotmail.com instead.