Re: How to see a scanned photo whith Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13142] Re: [mg13118] How to see a scanned photo whith Mathematica
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at linmpi.mpg.de>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:41:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the only possibility to read bitmap images into the kernel of
Mathematica I know is my PNGBitmap package. You can get it from
http://www.mpae.gwdg.de/~kuska/mcpng.html or from MathSource.
You must convert your bitmaps into the PNG format that is supported by
allmost all image editors, convertes (ImageMagic, XV 3.1a,  PaintShop,
PhotoPaint, PhotoImpact, PicturePublisher ...)

Hope that helps
  Jens