re: A Difficult Optimization Problem!

I contacted Chris Farr and downloaded his optimization problem.  It is a
nonlinear problem with constraints.  I tested the ability of my new
package to solve this problem, and the result was successful.  My
package, Global Optimization, uses adaptive grid refinement to solve
constrained or unconstrained global optimization problems.   A
description of the package can be found at
http://store.wolfram.com/view/globalopt/