Re: Question about Mathematica

> Hi MathGroup,
>
> Let me tell you a feature that is missing from Mathematica which is
> sorely
> missed, in my opinion:  The ability to grab a 3D graphic with the mouse
> and change its viewpoints in real time.  One has to go into the
> ViewPoint changer  (alas!) Why did Wolfram write it this way, I'll
> never know!
>
> Does anyone know of a package or a special notebook that can be added to
> Mathematica that will give it this feature?
> Does anybody know what I am talking about?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nicholas M.
>    /-/      NJMUG  BBS      \-\   New Jersey Macintosh Users Group   /-/
>   /-/     FirstClass BBS     \-\  PO Box AK, Rahway, NJ 07065-0340  /-/
>  /-/   908-388-1676 (28.8K)   \-\      http://www.njmug.org/       /-/
> /-/ bbs.njmug.org  (Port 3004) \-\  Info:<mailto:info@njmug.org>  /-/

Hi,
  check out my MathView3D program on MathSource. It will do
  what You want and mutch more. It runs under Windows, Linux
  and Sun. It is easy to port to other unixes if You have all
  the librayrs available (OpenGL, GLUT, ..). You can found it
  in  "Whats New", a "OpenGL based viewer for Mathematica"

Regards
   Jens