Re: Problem with MathLink !!! Help.

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11363] Re: Problem with MathLink !!! Help.
  • From: kevinl@wolfram.com (Kevin Leuthold)
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 02:06:36 -0500

Eddy,

There are a number of things this could be.  I'll tell you the most
common reason for your problem.

On Windows machines, the Mathematica installer installs the MathLink
libraries in the Windows System folder.  On a Windows 95 machine this
is typically "C:\Windows\System", and on Windows NT typically
"C:\WinNT\system32". The MathLink libraries that are used by the
FrontEnd and Kernel to communicate are incorporated in 3 files:
"ml32i1.dll", "mlmap32.mlp", and "mltcp32.mlp". You should make sure
that all 3 files are in your Windows system directory and haven't been
removed.  Otherwise, you should use the Mathematica installer to
reinstall them.

If this isn't the problem, you'll have to provide more details to narrow
it down (for example what platform are you using?).

Kevin Leuthold
Wolfram Research