Re: Problem with MathLink !!! Help.

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11360] Re: Problem with MathLink !!! Help.
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh@wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 02:06:33 -0500
On 6 Mar 1998, eddy susanto wrote:

> anybody can help?
> I cannot start Kernel from the Front-end. Here is the actual reading
> from the computer:
>
> 	"Mathematica could not establish a connection to the Kernel.
> 	 Kernel : Local
> 	 Low-level MathLink error : Protocol Unavailable."
>
> anybody knows what to do?
> need to fix it fast to complete a project.

It would have been helpful if you would have included some information
about what version and platform you're using.  You may want to consult:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Windows/FE/NoConnectToKernel.html

To find out known circumstances when Mathematica 3.0 for Windows returns
this error message.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram