Re: Extract a contour from a 3-D plot.

To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
> Subject: [mg11416] [mg11292] Extract a contour from a 3-D plot.
>

> I would like to extract a contour from a 3-D plot.
>
> I am particularly interested in the contour associated with a value of =
> zero.  That is, the curve generated when I set the option in
> ContourPlot = to Contours->{0}.
>
> How can I extract this contour ( I guess the contour would be a =
> collection of XY coordinates) ?  What if there are two contours with a
> = value of zero?  How can I extract both of them?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Chris Farr

Hi Chris,

at first ContourGraphics[] store the height field of the computed
function values. To get the lines and polygons You must convert it to a
Graphics[] object explicit.
The first argument of the Graphics[] object store the graphics
primitives and a converted contour plot contains Line[] and Polygon[]
objects.  If You select all Line[] objects, the arguments are the
coordinates of the contour lines.

Hope that helps
  Jens