file size?

Hi everybody!

Does anyone know whether there is a maximum file size or something like
that in Mathematica?

I have quite a big program and the problem is that after Mathematica has
done the calculation, it crashes as soon as I use the page up /down
button to look at the results. At first it shows the same line a hunred
times instead of the whole text, then it crashes completely. I had the
same problem sometimes when I used the Find-function.

Would it help if I split up the program into parts and evaluate just one
after the other? ( The work the kernel has to do would be the same)

Thanks

Margit