Re: Two questions

Selwyn Hollis asks:

> 1) Is there a way to use Plot3D to create a ``wireframe" surface
> plot---that is, showing only the grid curves? (No, Shading->False is
> not what I'm after. I want the plot to be _transparent._) If not, is
> there a better way to do it than plotting curves with
> ParametricPlot3D?

Yes and no.  Here's a quick and dirty ploy using Line.  It doesn't
produce the nice smooth curves that ParametricPlot3D does, but it
produces recognizable wireframe drawings.

     f[x_, y_] = x^2 + y^2;

     m=Table[{x,y,f[x,y]},{x,-1,1,0.1},{y,-1,1,0.1}];

     m1=Map[Line,m];

     m2=Map[Line,Transpose[m]];

     Show[Graphics3D[{m1,m2}]]

--Lou Talman