Figure problem with Mathematica 3.0.1

Hi again!

I'm running Mathematica 3.0.1 on a PC with Windoze95 and am experiencing
the following problem with plots/figures.

Often, after running my notebook, and then saving my notebook, it turns
out that if I reload my notebook, Mathematica will have corrupted my
figures/graphics outputs.  These corrupted graphics outputs appear to
be thumbnail in size (i.e. my graphics are no longer visible), and
Mathematica will pop up a dialog box warning me of the corruption.

Reevaluating my notebook does *not* solve this problem, and currently
the only way that I know to resolve this is to *manually* delete these
figures, and then reevaluate my notebook.

Needless to say, this can get quite tedious if one has many
graphics/figures.

So ... is this a documented butg in Mathematica?  Or am I doing
something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mike