Re: Stack graphics

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11672] Re: Stack graphics
  • From: "Xah" <xah@best.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:35:09 -0500

In article <6esmn4$636@smc.vnet.net> , "Marcia T. Fontenelle"
<fontenelle@atom.kth.se> wrote:
>I would like to plot a set of curves, say f[x,t], for several different
>t's, almost like a 3D plot, but with mesh just on t.

I assume you want to generate a rendered surface with the wireframes
going in only one direction. There isn't a build-in option to do it.
The following is one technique.

This technique is based on the fact that EdgeForm[] tells Show not to
display the edges of polygons. Thus, adding user generated Lines across
the surface would be the desired result.

Clear[f];
f[x_,t_]:=Exp[-(x-Cos[Pi*t])^2];

Clear[m,n];
{m,n}={35,30};