Compile multiple functions or not?

I have a number of functions which depend on each other. IOW:

f[x_] := a function of x;
g[x_] := a function of f[x];
h[x_] := a function of g[x];

etc. This is done for organizational purposes, as each function is
complicated. Other things being equal (that is, if compiling is useful
to begin with for any of the functions), should I compile each one in
turn, or just the last one? To phrase it another way, since h 'traces'
all the way back, does compiling h automatically compile everything all
the way back? Or is there an advantage to be gained by compiling all of
them?

Stefan Jeglinski