Free Beta Version of QNAT (using Mathematica)

We are currently distributing a beta version of our Queueing Network
Analysis Tool (QNAT) which uses Mathematica as the computing engine. I
am sending this information to this group as this maybe of some
interest to you.

More information on QNAT is given below

Sanjay K. Bose

                                QNAT

                  Queueing Network Analysis Tool

URL:	http://www.iitk.ernet.in/pub2/ee/networks/qnat/

Authors: 	D. Manjunath 	 (dmanju@iitk.ernet.in)
		D.M. Bhaskar
		Hema Tahilramani (hema@iitk.ernet.in)
		M.N. Umesh	 (umesh@sasi.com)
		Sanjay K. Bose	 (skb@iitk.ernet.in)

We are now in distributing an updated beta version of our QNAT  package
for analyzing queueing networks through a PC-Windows GUI. The software
works both on Windows 3.1 and Win95 platforms and uses Mathematica Ver
2.2 (with Mathlink) as the computing engine. You must have Mathematica
appropriately installed in your PC to get QNAT to work.

We are currently trying to get the software to work using the new
version of Mathematica (Version 3). If you are using this version of
Mathematica and would still like to use the package, please let us know
(skb@iitk.ernet.in). In that case, we will inform you when we finally
get it working with this version.

Here is a quick list of the types of queueing networks that can be
solved using QNAT -

1. Networks of Multi-server Infinite Capacity Queues with Multiple Job
Classes

	- Open Networks
	- Closed Networks
	- Mixed Networks, with some job classes closed and the others open

2. Networks of  Multi-server Infinite Capacity Queues with a Single Job
Class

	- Open Networks without Fork-Join Nodes
	- Open Networks with Fork-Join Nodes without Synchronization
	- Closed Networks without Fork-Join Nodes
	- Closed Networks with Fork-Join Nodes with Synchronization
	- Closed Networks with Fork-Join Nodes without Synchronization

3. Networks of Multi-Server Finite Capacity Queues with a Single Job
Class
        (some or all nodes may be of finite/infinite capacity)

	- Open Networks with Transfer Blocking
	- Open Networks with Repetitive Service, Random Destination Blocking
	- Open Networks with Repetitive Service, Fixed Destination Blocking
	- Open Networks with Rejection Blocking

	- Closed Networks with Transfer Blocking
	- Closed Networks with Repetitive Service, Random Destination Blocking
	- Closed Networks with Repetitive Service, Fixed Destination Blocking

Our distribution includes documentation on the analytical techniques
that have been used. This has been provided through a Microsoft Word
file that is a part of this distribution. The documentation provides a
summary of the actual algorithm used by each solution technique in QNAT
and examples of networks solved using this technique in QNAT. These
examples may be found in the samples distributed with QNAT.

This beta version of QNAT is being distributed free over the Internet.

Please contact Prof. Sanjay K. Bose (skb@iitk.ernet.in) for current
information on the sites from where this beta version of QNAT may be
downloaded.

Please download all the files in the distribution including the license
file and the readme.txt file. You must read and agree to the license
terms of this free distribution before installing and using QNAT. The
readme.txt file  describes the installation procedure and how to start
using the software. A simple manual has also been included in the file
manual.html. QNAT's on-line help may also be used for more information.
The algorithms used by QNAT have  been described in the Microsoft WORD
file qnatalgo.doc

We do have more plans for the future development of QNAT. At the moment,
we are working on a "Simulation Option" which will use the same GUI and
will allow the user to simulate the queueing network instead of using
the analytical approach. This may be useful to verify the annalytical
results and extend the range of queueing networks that can be studied.
Our wish list also incluudes analysis of Discrete-Time Queueing
Networks and possibly ATM systems.

We will be very happy if you find QNAT of use either in your research or
in an academic classroom situation as long as it is used on a
non-profit basis.

We look forward to your examining the package and letting us know of
your comments, suggestions and observations - bug reports will also be
greatly appreciated.

Sanjay K. Bose

Prof. Sanjay K. Bose           E-mail: skb@iitk.ernet.in Dept. of
Electrical Engg.      Tel.: +91 512 597002         (Office) I.I.T.,
Kanpur - 208 016             +91 512 590697, 590559 (Lab)
   INDIA                             +91 512 598580         (Home)
                               FAX:  +91 512 590260

    Home Page URL - http://www.iitk.ernet.in/pub2/ee/faculty/skb.html