Mathematica -> LaTeX

I have some trouble finding out how to deal with the following problems:

1) TeXForm creates matrices where the columns are separated by \& rather
 than &, so I have to change that every time I include text in the LaTeX
 file. Can this be switched ?

 2) Matrices are created with the\matrix command, this does not seem to
 suit amstex or amsmath package. Simple way to fix this ?

 3) Possibility to create LaTeX tabulars with formulae as entries ? (so
 that I don't have to include $ pairs for every entry myself)

 4) redefining the output format of "I" does not seem to work

Mathematica 3.0

Thank you

Alexej Jerschow