MathLink results differ from those in regular interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14784] MathLink results differ from those in regular interface
  • From: Jim McGuire <jimm at opticalres.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:08:12 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

[contact the author to obtain notebook details -- moderator]

Hi,

I am running Mathematica 3.01.1x on a NT 4.00.1381 and using Microsoft
Developer Studio 97 Visual C++ 5.0.

I am trying to call Mathematica's solution to a set of related
differential equations via MathLink.  The solutions xx and rRefl, both
work fine from my test notebook TestTEDPackage.nb, but only xx works
with my MathLink subroutine, usersur.c.  rRefl returns strings with
alot of unevaluated Mathematica expressions

                       1000+Cos[:\03D5]+r[:\03D5]
 ...r[:\03D5] Tan[-----------------------------------------]......

not a number like the NoteBook.  The Mathematica definitions are very
similiar as are the MathLink calls, so I am very confused.  What
changes should I make to either the C or Mathematica code so that I can
access the solutions from MathLink?  I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions.

Sincerely,

Jim

Main.c			Main C rountine
usersur.c       	C subroutine with MathLink

MathLink_USERSUR2.m     Mathematica code to evaluate some
                        differential equations TestTEDPackage.nb
Mathematica notebook to test
                        MathLink_USERSUR2.m