piecewise coloring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14772] piecewise coloring
  • From: Fred.Lang at eivd.ch (Fred Lang)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:08:03 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica's aficionados,

a Student give me the following Problem:

He defines a piecewise function with a Which command:

Say f[x_] := Which[ x < 1 , 2x+3 , x < 2 , 3x-2 , x < 5, 4x-3 , x >= 5 ,
2x]

The Problem is to plot f with different Colors for the different Parts.

Can you find an elegant Solution?

I have a Solution with many Plots and A Show Command.

Bye Fred