Re: I need some help ...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14435] Re: [mg14387] I need some help ...
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:32:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Try this

Type in Sqrt[x],  click on the bracket on the far right hand side, the
hit Ctrl-Shift-N all at once.  You should now see a square root sign.
Now to make this happen all the time, go to the "Cell" pull down menu.
Under Default Input Format Type select Standard Form.  Default Output
Format Type should also be Standard Form, and probably already is.

Good Luck

Kevin