Save as text?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14540] Save as text?
  • From: "Erik Neumann" <erikn at usa.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:34 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to find a way to convert a Mathematica notebook consisting of
all text and equations (in TraditionalForm) to perhaps ASCII text so
that I can send it along to fellow students who don't have Mathematica
or TeX.  Anyone know of a package that tries to do this?

I don't need perfection or beauty, just something that gets the point
across (without me having to retype everything by hand in a text
editor).

I've tried the Save As HTML (even downloading the latest package from
ftp.wolfram.com) but it didn't work very well (it made about 100 little
files, and the top file didn't link to the others or look at all like
what I started with).

Thanks,

--Erikn at usa.net