Coordinates for circle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14579] Coordinates for circle
  • From: MAvalosJr at aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:07:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Everyone

Maybe I can restate my problem of two days ago since I didn't get any
replies. Given two coordinates on a circle, for example,{0,0},{2,2},
and the radius of the
circle, i.e.,2 Sqrt[5], to get a third set of coordinates. With this
third set, using the standard Quadric form for a circle,i.e., a x^2 + a
y^2 + b x + c y + d ==0, using the Conics from mathematica I can get
the equation of the circle- which is what I'm looking for.   Thanks for
whatever.

Manuel