Compiled programs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14111] Compiled programs
  • From: migdie at encomix.es (Miguel)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:15:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

This is the first time I post here.
I would like to know if anybody has used Mathematica to make a fast
program as is done in Fortran or C. I have read that the time of
computation  is similar for  C and Mathematica  when you use compiled
functions.
Is this correct or Fortran and C are much faster than Mathematica ? (of
course it is when you use real number and not infinite precision...)
This is my big problem with Mathematica: It is too slow !!

Thanks for all,
Miguel.

Email : migdie at encomix.es