Re: How can I expand the mathematica built in function SinIntegral[x] ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14139] Re: How can I expand the mathematica built in function SinIntegral[x] ?
- From: Alan Lewis <alan at enfs.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 03:51:51 -0400
- Organization: @Home Network
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Many functions are defined by integrals and have no simpler representation, so you are getting the simplest possible result. You can do anything with the answer that you would do with a more familiar function, get values, differentiate, plot it, ... Or perhaps I don't quite understand your question. Alan Michel Dion wrote: > > Hello, > I am trying to integrate the following function (using vr 3.01): > Integrate[ Sin[a x]/x,x] > Mathematica automaticaly regonizes this to be the function SinIntegral[a > x]. Is > there anyway of getting mathematica to print the actual symbolic results > to this > integral??? > > Thanks for any help, > > Michel Dion > mdion at po-box.mcgill.ca