Eigenvalue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14170] Eigenvalue
  • From: RENZONI_FERRUCCIO <RENZONI at physnet.uni-hamburg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 02:04:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathUsers,

I have a 9x9 real matrix M containing 3 parameters (say, s, g and b).

I would like to find an analytic expression for the eigenvalues of M at
the second order in the parameters s and g (the expansion is around s=0
and g=0). I tought to find the eigenvalue as Root objects and then to
expand them in Taylor series. For some eigenvalue works fine, for some
other not. I obviously verified numerically that all the eigenvalues
exist and are finite.

Are there other way to find eigenvalues at a given order in the
parameters without using Root object?

E-mail to me directly please.

Thanks a lot,

Ferruccio Renzoni