Re: LS fit to a plane
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16844] Re: LS fit to a plane
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:35:20 -0500
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Mar 1999, Virgil Stokes wrote: > I would like to fit a set of 3D coordinates (each with measurement error) > to a plane; i.e. > > find the parameters A,B,C,D in > > Ax + By + Cz + D = 0 > > for a set of (x,y,z) measurements. Paste the following expression into a notebook and evaluate it: FrontEndExectue[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["RefGuide", "Fit"]] This should open the front end's Help Browser with the reference guide entry for Fit. The seventh bulleted item from the top describes exactly what you want to do. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.