Mathematica Mathlink bug.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16871] Mathematica Mathlink bug.
- From: tobiasoed at my-dejanews.com
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 02:24:16 -0400
- Organization: Deja News - The Leader in Internet Discussion
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathlink has a bidirectional chanel to exchange stuff between two programs. There is another chanel used to send messages (for interrupts...). This chanel is also bidirectional - except when at one end there is a mathematica kernel. In this case the link direction depends on how the two sides have been connected: If the kernel is started through an MLOpenArgv, with the arguments -linklaunch, -linkname,math -mathlink it is the parent program that can send messages to the kernel. If one side creates the link and the other one connects to the link, then it is the kernel that can send message to the other programm. Why is mathematica the only prog that does not allow for a bidirectional communication on the message chanel ? -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own