Re: Mathematica Mathlink bug.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg17057] Re: Mathematica Mathlink bug.
- From: tobiasoed at my-dejanews.com
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:12:04 -0400
- Organization: Deja News - The Leader in Internet Discussion
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I tried to communicate via mathlink on different machines. It seems that the message chanel shows the problem I stated when the kernel is started by the MLOpenArgv() call. But when the kernel connects to a link created by the other side, the behaviour is machine dependent: If the Kernel is Mathematica 3.0 for HP-UX PA-RISC the problem apears (chanel unidirectional) If the Kernel is Mathematica 3.0 for Digital Unix the chanel is bidirectional. I call (on isnhp4.in2p3.fr) MLOpenArgv with arguments -linkcreate -linkprotocol tcp -linkname "4000" and started Mathematica (on the same HP machine, a remote HP box, and a DEC box) using math -mathlink -linkconnect -linkprotocol tcp -linkname "4000 at isnhp4.in2p3.fr" only in the case of a connection to the DEC is the chanel bidirectional. So it seems to be a problem with the HP machines. Tobias -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own