Re: New position: MathLink Developer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16878] Re: New position: MathLink Developer
  • From: "Mark Evans" <NoSpam at NoWhere.Net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 02:24:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Wolfram really needs a MathLink documentation writer.  There are plenty of
interested parties worldwide who would extend Mathematica in all kinds of
directions on their own time -- if only they had proper documentation.

As one example, it has long been possible to pass arrays back and forth; but
this capability was not always documented.  There were just some clues in the
C-language header files.

The latest documentation I have seen shows how to compile simple-minded programs
under various compilers.  So far, so good.

What we need now is an architecture document which spells out the whole API and
the underlying philosophy which gives it the structure that it has.

Mark