Re: overwrite separate notebook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16983] Re: overwrite separate notebook
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
- Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:13:26 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 8 Apr 1999, Andrew Watson wrote: > Folks, > > Recently there were several contributions on how to direct output to a > separate notebook. I am running some long-duration simulations and would > like to have each new output written to a separate notebook and overwrite > the old. I am sure this can be done, and I know I should RTFM, but if > anyone has the relevant code (or ideas) handy it would be a great help. NotebookPut, when called with the sytnax: NotebookPut[nbExpr, nbObj] will replace the Notebook expression that is referenced by the NotebookObject nbObj with nbExpr. All you need to do is to keep track of the NotebookObject that is used to refer to the notebook that you will want to overwrite. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.