Re: How to interrupt a running evaluation in MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16975] Re: How to interrupt a running evaluation in MathLink
  • From: tobiasoed at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:13:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote

>Hi Robert,
>
>on my SGI the abort with:
>
> MLPutMessage(link,MLAbortMessage);
> MLFlush(link);
> while(MLReady(link) && MLNextPacket(link)!=MENUPKT &&
>   MLError(link)==MLEOK) {

[ snip ]

Now Jens tell me where MLPutMessage() is documented ???
Further I think that you won't get a MenuPacket after this
but the calculation will abort. To get the menu use

MLPutMessage(link,MLInterruptMessage);

at least this how it behaves on
hpux10.01 using Mathematica 3.0 for HP-UX PA-RISC

Tobias