Running MathCode C++ on NT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17060] Running MathCode C++ on NT
  • From: qjia at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:12:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am evalating a trial copy of MathCode C++ on NT, and need help to make it
work :-)

I have noticed the installation of this trial version didn't set the
environment right. For example, the correctly library was not put in the
default correctly. Anyway, I managed to make the BuildCode[] command work,
which should compile the code and build the binary. The next step would be to
install the code by useing InstallCode[]. However, I never had any luck with
it. It always consumes almost 100% of the CPU, and takes forever to finish. I
had to kill the evaluation every time... :-(

I suspect it's the left-over problem with the installation. Has anyone had
the similar problem before? If you could use the package successfully without
too much trouble, I would like to know that also, since basically I need to
evaluate the software.

Your input would be most welcome and appreciated!

Qing