Dsiplay cannot be used during initialization problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17135] Dsiplay cannot be used during initialization problem
  • From: dejaguy4693 at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:35:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am having a problem with Mathematica 3.0 on a Mac, it does not want to
display graphics. I hadn't used Mathematica for quite a few years and decided
the other day to reinstall it on a PM9600/233. All works great, the only
problem, every time I try to do some graphics I get the following message :

Display::initstate :
Dsiplay cannot be used during initialization

I have tried doing a search in DejaNews and looking up wri web site but found
no clue. Looking at the kernel init.m did not help either.

Thanks
Guy