Dialog for selecting a file to be read
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg17129] Dialog for selecting a file to be read
- From: "Martin Rommel" <rommel at semitest.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:35:18 -0400
- Organization: UltraNet Communications , an RCN Company http://www.ultranet.com/
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I often load data files to be processed in Mathematica and it is quite cumbersome that I have to explicitly specify the path and the filename every time. I would rather pick from a list in a dialog window. As far as I know there is no simple way to invoke the operating system's file open dialog from Mathematica. Has anyone come up with a solution? I can imagine that a small external program (maybe linked via mathlink or called with <<"! ) can do the job. Another possibility would be a fancy construct (maybe as a button) using the Mathematica Commands FileNames, SetDirectory, etc. If you know of anything related please let me know! Cheers, Martin.