Re: How do I solve limits in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17107] Re: How do I solve limits in Mathematica?
  • From: price at math.wisc.edu (Adam Price)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:35:05 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 14 Apr 1999, Jeff Soesbergen <Voyager_2 at cable.A2000.nl> wrote:
>How can I solve the following expressions in Mathematica? Anyone?
>
>1) 	>lim (2x-1) == -1
		(x->0)

Limit[2x-1, x->0]

In general, if you are looking for a function that you are fairly sure
Mathematica should have, try this:

??*Limit*

This will give you a list of all the functions that have the word "Limit"
in them.  Choose one that looks good, open the Help Browser, (Under the
Help Menu) and look it up.

Also try ?Limit for a description of what the specific function does.