Solving matrix equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17176] Solving matrix equation
  • From: Oldfield So <kysoNOspam at cse.cuhk.eduDOThk>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:20:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

I need to solve a equation in the following format:

	 M A = A

where M is a rectangular matrix, A is a column vector.  By using Solve[],
the following "error" is obtained:

RowReduce::luc:
   Result for RowReduce of badly conditioned matrix {<<12>>}
     may contain significant numerical errors.

I would like to know is there any standard way to solve it?  Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Oldfield So
--
Oldfield K.Y. SO | kysoNOspam at cse.cuhk.eduDOThk | http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~kyso