Re: I can't exit Windows98 after Mathematica sessions: why?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg17093] Re: I can't exit Windows98 after Mathematica sessions: why?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:32:22 -0400
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I had the same problem, and a patched Mathematica.exe fixed it. Unfortunately, another really annoying problem remains -- or perhaps was created by the fix: double clicking on a .nb file will not cause it to open automatically in Mathematica 3.0 unless it is the very first one at a Mathematica front end session. Oliver wrote: > > I've installed Mathematica 3.0 for students on my computers, that's running > Windows 98. After using Mathematica, I can't exit from Windows. > > Does anybody know the way to solve this problem? > > Thanks. > > Silvano -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H) Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) Amherst, MA 01003-4515