Re: MATHEMATICA GUIDEBOOK

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17222] Re: MATHEMATICA GUIDEBOOK
  • From: smudge at world.std.com (smudge)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:20:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Murray Eisenberg (murray at math.umass.edu) wrote:
: Incidentally (and _I_ said this, not you), Springer Verlag New York
: annoyingly pre-announces MANY books months and years before publication,
: even in the form of listing on order forms.  But at least they do seem
: to keep accurate records of orders placed for such books and fulfill
: them on publication.

You said it!  I ordered a book from their catalog once that had a "due
to be available" date a few months away and waited almost two years
for it.  To their credit they kept track of my order and sent me postcards
periodically to update me, and eventually the book showed up in my
mailbox.

--smduge