Re: importing and using data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17234] Re: importing and using data
  • From: rlsmith at his.com (Richard Smith)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 02:00:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I believe I had the same problem. I solved it my using the
StirnigToNumber funtion below. I don't fully understand it but it
worked for me.

StringToNumber[s_String] :=
            Block[{ss, result},
                ss = StringToStream[s];
                result = Read[ss, Number];
                Close[ss];
                result
            ]

This function "StringToNumber" was found in
Http://www.wolfram.com/support/Kernel/Files/CommaSeparatedData.html.

Good Luck
Dick