Re: Mathematica loosing input focus all the time

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19195] Re: [mg19138] Mathematica loosing input focus all the time
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 02:52:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I believe that you either have your working environment set
to "Printout" or you have "Show Page Breaks" turned on (which
sets the working environment to "Printout" as a side effect).
This focus-shifting is a known bug that occurs when you have
the working environment set to "Printout".

For future enlightenment, here's a way you can tell what
oddball options you might have set.  Open the option
inspector, set the scope appropriately (i.e. to Global
if you want to see options you set there, or to Notebook
to see option settings attached to a particular notebook),
and change the right-most drop-down item from "by category"
to "as text".

This will show in a Mathematica list exactly what options
are *different* from the defaults at the current scope
(it will also show options which are the same, but were
set explicitly at that scope).  Deleting an option setting
from here will return the option to its default value.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
Front End Group