How to call a notebook via a mathlink connection
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20955] How to call a notebook via a mathlink connection
- From: Rainer Schmid <schmid at tecmath.de>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:50:22 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Tecmath AG
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi! I've got following task to solve: I need to start a notebook from a C program and execute a computation. The main problem is that it must be a notebook. I have no problem to call a Mathematica package; but this won't do it. Am I right that I need the frontend loaded to load a notebook? The kernel is not enough? I tried to start the frontend with "linklaunch" and open a link. The problem is that I can't send packets to the frontend. I tried to send commands with FrontEndTokenExecute but I do not get any return-packets; and I need the output of the notebook. from my application (and not vice-versa). I must get output from Mathematica. I'm programming under Windows NT in C++. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks, Rainer.