Re: gaussian random number generator ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20935] Re: [mg20858] gaussian random number generator ?
- From: "DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:50:03 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Tomas Garza wrote in message <815d09$4hv at smc.vnet.net>... >Jean-Paul Roy [roy at unice.fr] wrote: > >> Where can I find readable sources for implementations >> of gaussian random number generator ? > >So, what's wrong with the one in Add-On Statistics`? If you are interested in theoretical questions related to implementation, rather than simply obtaining suitable pseudo-random numbers, you might want to look at Numerical Recipes in C : The Art of Scientific Computing by William H. Press, Saul A. Teukolsky, William T. Vetterling, Brian P. Flannery Hardcover - 994 pages 2nd edition (January 1993) Cambridge Univ Pr (Short); ISBN: 0521431085