(-8)^(1/3) maybe a faq?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21016] (-8)^(1/3) maybe a faq?
- From: Jesse <aka007 at mail.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:41:28 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff AZ, USA
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
maybe this is an faq, i don't know. i work in a lab where calc one students come in and do their work. the class was doing graphs, or something, involving 1/3 powers. i don't have the example, this was about a month ago. the teacher was a bit mystified. what is the deal with this? thanks, Jesse