Re: (-8)^(1/3) maybe a faq?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21068] Re: (-8)^(1/3) maybe a faq?
- From: "Dale R. Horton" <daleh at southpark.wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:51:32 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
You're right. It's am faq. http://support.wolfram.com/Math/Algebra/RealPower.html -Dale On 2 Dec 1999, Jesse wrote: > maybe this is an faq, i don't know. i work in a lab > where calc one students come in and do their work. > > the class was doing graphs, or something, involving > 1/3 powers. i don't have the example, this was about a > month ago. the teacher was a bit mystified. > > what is the deal with this? > > thanks, > > Jesse > > >